Monday, June 22, 2009

Some Things About Marlee

*She sings! Not only Beyonce, but a few other songs too, including Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, which goes something like this:

Twinkle little star! How I wonder [mumble] are.
Uppy up up up so high. Like a diamond in duh sky!
Twinkle little star! How I wonder [mumble] are!

*She has a major sweet tooth. Gets it from her daddy. It's trouble.

*Her counting is spot on. She completely grasps one-to-one correspondence and will count items and then tell you how many there are...up to about 16 or so. She touches each one to make sure she counts it only once.

*She has learned how to unlock and open the front door. Right now, she can't reach the deadbolt. Not looking forward to crossing that bridge. She has never opened the door when she's not supposed to, but it makes me nervous just knowing she can.

*Potty training has slowed a bit. I've finally discovered a downside to cloth diapers. When I ask her if she wants to wear soft underwear, she says "Marlee's blue diaper is so soft, Mommy! I wear soft diapers!"

*She enjoys a cup of chamomile tea while watching Jeopardy! before bed.

*She can identify about half of her letters.

*She likes to talk about opposites and knows several (big/tiny, over/under, in/out, front/back, etc etc).

*I feel like she's grown taller lately. I suppose I could measure her. She just looks bigger all of a sudden.

I really need to take some pictures of her. It's been too long!

2 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

uh yes! Pictures please :)

Jennifer said...

she drinks chamomile tea and watches jeopardy? this is hysterical!! i don't think i had chamomile tea till i was in college! :)