Monday, June 22, 2009

Pregnancy Milestone

I'm in the last week of the second trimester and down to double digits in the countdown--99 days until D-day!

I'm overall feeling pretty good, and I'd be great if it weren't for my struggles with low blood pressure. The combination of heat and progressing pregnancy make it harder and harder. I try to focus on the fact that low blood pressure isn't at all bad for Slim...it's much better than the opposite. But still, it makes me feel pretty lousy. The worst part is frustration. There are many times I fell like I have lots of energy and motivation to do something, but my blood pressure prevents me from being able to. Drives me mad.

I'm riding out some drama at the medical practice. All the midwives are leaving the practice in the next couple of weeks! I'm a midwife patient, so this stresses me out a bit! I was really feeling a great sense of calm about the three midwives there and the hospital where I was set to birth. It looks like I may be following the midwives, which could mean a different hospital. I'm just going to wait it out until the dust settles and make my decision. There's no sense stressing about it, but as you know, I don't take birth lightly, and I really want to do things my way! Unfortunately, some practitioners/hospitals are more birth friendly than others. So as of right now, I'll be having Slim somewhere, with someone in attendance. That sounds good, right? ;)

There's really not much we have to do to prepare for the baby's arrival. It all revolves around preparing Marlee! We mad some major progress on her room this weekend (thanks, Dad!). It's all painted and ready for the chair rail and flower mural we're painting. After that, it's just the fun stuff...accessorizing. We made a trip to Ikea yesterday to pick up her new bunk bed (assembled by Daddy and Giggy), which she loves already. I'll be glad t have it done so that we can put things away. Right now, we have baskets of baby clothes and gear all over the house. Man, you really forget how small that stuff is...are they really that tiny?

Slim is active just like her big sister was. I swear I will never get tired of watching and feeling a baby move in my belly...even if I have 10 babies. I'm falling in love with her a bit more everyday and starting to feel very ready to meet her!

Some days I still can't believe she's coming. I hoped and wished and prayed for her, but never really thought we'd be this lucky. We are certainly blessed.

3 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

yes you are! :) We were both bust this weekend... you moving your oldest into a big room, and me moving my youngest out of his baby room :(

Jennifer said...

i need pictures!!! actually i have a couple of requests...i'm going to email you. :)

Mandi said...

yes, I'm ready for pictures too!