Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Playdough

Making the playdough


Playing with the finished product!



There are so many recipes (we've done at least four), but this is my favorite:

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
1 T vegatable (or similar) oil
1 1/2 t cream of tartar (if you don't have it, just leave it out)
Food color if desired

Mix everything in a sauce pan over low heat until impossible to stir (doesn't take long!).  Cool for a minute and you're good to go!

I store in a a glass storage bowl with a lid in the fridge.  Put a damp cloth or paper towel in with the dough to keep it moist.  Happy squishing!

4 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh how fun! You are so crafty :)

Jenn said...

You brought back memories of when I was a kid and made playdough at home. What's the recipe? I can't remember anymore.

Anonymous said...

She's so cute!

Melissa said...

We've made 4 colors and J is wanting to "speriment" with some more colors. We had a bunch of plastic tubs from butter/yogurt/sour cream and we're using those to store the dough.

I LOVE the way it smells. (Yeah, I've got issues!)