Saturday, March 21, 2009

Baby Slim Update


We had our NT scan yesterday, and everything went perfectly! I confirmed that the flutters I've been feeling the past couple of weeks are indeed Slim...I watched the baby wiggle while I felt them. So crazy that I'm feeling movement this early. They say everything happens faster the second time...I guess it's true!

Slim's movements were making us all laugh. Marlee was more of a roller and wiggler in the womb...apparently Slim is a stretcher. Baby kept stretching it's arms above the head and straightening it's legs all the way. I guess Slim's taking advantage of the room while it's there.

Both the sonographer and perinatologist said they had a good view and guess as to what flavor baby I'm cooking...both independently said Slim looks like another GIRL! Of course, our OB guessed incorrectly at this point with Marlee, but she was much less confident (and honestly, less qualified to read an ultrasound :)). The perinatologist even said he felt at least 80% confident. We know to take the prediction with a grain of salt, but it's still fun! I'll call Slim "her" until we know for sure...so much nicer than "it."
We've decided that we won't be sharing our name choices this time around. Honestly, we really haven't made a choice on a girl's name. We still have five that we like!





4 comments:

Lori said...

Congratulations!!! Our peri - Dr. Matsumoto, guessed Kate was a girl at 12.5 weeks and he was obv right :).

Christine said...

Yay! Can't wait to hear for sure if Slim's a girl! ;)

Jenn said...

Marlee will love having a little sis. And given that their birthdays fall at the same time of year, clothes-wise it's just so practical. How exciting!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh wow! Look at those photos... so much more than a gunny bear now!! I love seeing 'her' stretch... yeah for another great check up!