Monday, April 7, 2008

What A Weekend!

We had both a great and miserable weekend! Saturday Jenn and I surprised Eva with a Mommy Shower with Melissa and Kelly. It was really great to spend some quality time with the girls! We had lunch, then we were off to the nail salon for pedicures. After the pampering, we came back to our house for cake and gifts. Eva got a few of the blue things she still needs for he-who-has-not-been-named.

Michael had said that Marlee was a bit fussy and out of sorts while we were gone. She seemed fine when the girls were over...she loves being part of the crowd. She even sat up from her belly for the first time! The veteran moms also said that MJ is crawling. It's still not the grace and coordination I look for in a true crawl, so we deemed it "creeping," but it sure is close!

After everyone left, Marlee woke up from her nap with a fever. She'd had a runny nose since the morning, but I figured it was just a cold. It hasn't gotten up very high, so just a bug, but she was so sad! I woke up in the wee hours Saturday night with the worst sore throat I've ever had. It was so bad I got in the car and drove to the 24 hour Kroger for meds. I was glad to be sick on the weekend, because Michael was home to help with MJ.

I had to pull it together...last night was the first night of my apprenticing gig in a childbirth class series. I was mortified to be a few minutes late-- my car wouldn't start after stopping for tea on the way, and I had to be jumped. Other than that though, the class went really well. It was exciting to be able to put some of my training into action!

I felt worse and worse as the class went on, and by the time I got home, I had a fever of 101. MJ is on the mend...she's at about 75%. I'm just a 60% and hoping to survive today.

1 comment:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh Darn it! Sam is still sicky too... The darn cough will not go away!