Monday, April 21, 2008

A More Thorough Update

Marlee June is closing in on 8 months old. She had mastered the art of crawling, and she is fast! She's pulling up on anything that doesn't move and some things that do (like Mommy, Daddy, and George). She has a second word, and it's not mama. :( She says "kitty," though it comes out sounding more like "key." She loves to play peekaboo and will cover herself with her blanket or towel then pull it off, laughing. I need to try to get a video, it's super cute!

Michael has a new job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There aren't enough exclamation points to express our excitement. He will finally be doing what he wants to do: write video games. One major perk is that he'll be working from home 100%. We're trying to get the office fixed up over the next couple of weeks so that he has somewhere to work.

I don't really have any new skills or big news :) Sorry to worry everyone about the hurt foot. I have plantar fasciitis, which is a pretty common affliction that causes pain in the arch and heel. Because that was hurting me, I was kind of walking funny trying not to aggravate it, and I sprained a tendon along the outer edge of my foot. It was trying to detach itself from the bone :( Anyhoo, not too terrible, and already feeling a little better. The biggest bummer about it is that I missed walking with Caroline in the MS Walk.

So that's it for news in the W household...Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA FOR MICHAEL!!!

-Sara

Jenn said...

I've had plantar fasciitis as well, at it can be quite painful. The key is to stretch your calf muscles if you're not doing so already. Also, wear sneakers with some good insoles for a while. Congrats to Michael on the job. I hope it goes well.