Saturday, March 8, 2008

Fast Fingers Marlee

Marlee loves to reach for and grab anything on the table if we hold her while we eat. It's not just to grab...she really wants whatever it is. Pizza crust? Delicious for gnawing on. Water through a straw? Such a big girl. However, it backfires frequently. When we were in California, she reached for my coffee cup and poured the scalding goodness all over her daddy (thank God it wasn't on her). Out to dinner with the Schugs, she dumped Michael's Coke in his lap. I know you're thinking: If you know she's going to do it, keep her hands away from stuff. Easier said than done. She is FAST! We underestimate her sneakiness.

This morning, we decided to skip our usual cafe due to the nasty weather and went to a different restaurant. Toward the end of our meal, MJ started fussing, so I held her. I was finished eating, and there was a bite of sausage on my fork resting on the plate. Before I could blink, Marlee had picked up the fork, turned it to her, and put the sausage in her mouth. She was very pleased with herself and definitely would have eaten the sausage if I had let her. We're thinking of giving her a ribeye and baked potato next week ;)

No comments: