Monday, January 7, 2008

Dad **UPDATED**

My dad went to the hospital Saturday night with abdominal pain. It turned out to be appendicitis, and he was scheduled for surgery Sunday morning. An hour before his surgery, his appendix ruptured...thank goodness he was already in the hospital. The surgery went well. He even got a "twofer" when they fixed his umbilical hernia as well. MJ and I visited Sunday afternoon, and he was happy to see us. This morning Wendy got a call from the hospital and called me immediately. Dad has had a bad reaction to a medication and is delirious. He recognizes us once and a while but mostly has no idea where he is or what's going on. They have even had to restrain him because he kept removing his IV and catheter and trying to leave the hospital. Doctors tried to treat him all day today, but nothing worked. They started a new course tonight, so we're hoping for an improvement soon.

Please keep him in your thoughts.

**After being moved to the ICU, Dad finally started coming around at 5:30 today (Tuesday). He's still VERY groggy, but he is making sense and understanding what we say. I'm hoping for major progress by morning. Thanks for the prayers...they worked!**

***Wednesday Morning: Unfortunately, Dad has slipped out of it again. At least now we know that he can come around. More waiting..***

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Brian told me about this yesterday, so I said a prayer for him last night. I hope that they get the meds straightened out soon and that he is back to his old self soon enough. I'm thinking about him.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I am so sorry about all of this. Everyone is in our prayers and thoughts. Please keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for him Renee- keep is posted.
~Sissy Teeny

Mindy said...

I'm so sorry Renee. I will keep him in my thoughts. Please keep us updated.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Darn it! I was so hopeful after our conversation last night... Like you said-- good to know that he is in there and working through this.