Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Here's Something About Marlee

Just a little update on our little girl :)

Marlee is growing up so fast.  Every day she seems older.  She's speaking in sentences more and more.  For example, yesterday Michael asked her if she was going to eat any more breakfast.  Two weeks ago, she would have just said, "no."  Instead, she said, "No, Daddy.  I'm finished!"  She's learning her colors and can usually identify blue, pink, red, green, and yellow.  She can also point out her name when it's written on a paper with several other words.

She has her first chores around the house...taking care of the animals.  She feeds them and gives them water.  Unfortunately, George is on a bit of a diet, and she wants to feed him anytime the bowl is empty.  It's hard to argue with "Mommy, Shushy food!  Shushy hungry!"  When George needs to go outside, she waits just inside the door for him to come back then closes the door.  If he's taking to long, she calls for him...it's super cute.  She puts George in his kennel with a treat when we're leaving the house...she's a big help. :)

A funny story:  In the past few months, we've been eating more fast food than usual.  My morning sickness makes me not want to cook, and I often can't even think about food until I'm starving.  We usually make Marlee something at home, but she snacks on a couple french fries on the way home.  A few days ago, we went to the drive through, and as soon as the guy handed me the bag, Marlee says, "Fries!"  It happened again last night, only it was at El Pollo Loco, and I didn't have fries.  The whole way home, "Fries!  Fries!  Fries!"  I kept telling her there were no fries, but it was like she was saying, "I know we just went in the drive through...you can't fool me...gimme the fries!" 




3 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

LOL! What a punkin'! She is so smart!!

Jennifer said...

i love that she calls George "Shushy." so cute. :)

Lori said...

she is so smart!