Monday, April 6, 2009

Here, Mommy!

Last night, we had dinner with Grandpa, Mimi, Uncle Casey, Auntie Jessie, and baby Riley.  Marlee had a great time and loved Riley.  We got home a bit late, so we skipped bath and got ready to go straight to bed.

As I was changing MJ into her pjs, and she handed me something and said, "Here, Mommy!"  I didnt' see anything, so I assumed we were playing pretend.

Me:  Thanks, Marlee!  What is it?

MJ:  Bogey.

Me:  Bogey's asleep in his crate with Sweet Pea.

MJ:  [Picks her nose and grins]  No, Mommy, BOOGEY!

Me: [Trying to keep a straight face]  Here's a hankie.  Use that, then we'll wash you hands. [Not very well supressed giggle]


She's had a bit of a runny, crusty nose for a few days, and I clean it every time I change her diaper saying, "You have boogeys, and I need to clean them out so you can breathe."  I guess she decided this was something she could do herself, and I should be proud.

2 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

HAHA!! Love it. My boys went through that fase too...

Thanks anyway....

Melissa said...

LOL, I keep telling myself it's a phase.....