Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"How Are You Conscious Right Now?"

That's what my midwife said today after taking my blood pressure. I said, "Give me 30 seconds."

We spent the next 20 minutes checking my BP and pulse in several positions (sitting, standing, lying, walking) and listening to Slim's heartrate. The final ruling: Bedrest for Mommma.

I'm allowed one hour of "active time" a day. It shouldn't be too hard. I feel like I've been on involuntary self-imposed bedrest for weeks. I'm simply not physically capable of doing much more.

Other than that, everything looks great. Slim is head-down as she should be and the belly is measuring right on time (take that, strangers who like to tell me I'm huge!). Only six more weeks (hopefully less) until we meet our new little one!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Yikes! Be careful what you wish for-- the next full moon is Sept. 4! Glad you've got Michael at home to help you out!

Jennifer said...

oh no!! can i do anything to help you out over the next few weeks? anything for mj's party?

Jenna said...

Haha, funny, that's the same thing the nurse said to me when I got my low blood pressure diagnosed. xD And I can help out whenever you need me. = )

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Wow! She will be here before you know it! Be good to yourself! Can't wait to meet her :)

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the bedrest will work. Anything I can do for you? Anything I can make / bring for the party on Saturday? Please don't hesitate to ask! :) -Kelly