Monday, November 17, 2008

The Weekend in Review

Saturday was a busy day. We went out to breakfast in the morning, did some housework, then Daddy and Marlee played while I had lunch with a friend and shopped with my mom. While shopping, I convinced my Grammy (not hard to do!) that she wanted to play with Marlee for the evening so Michael and I could go out. She and Jenna came over and watched MJ and Michael and I had a date....Ikea, Moe's and a movie. Oh, how life has changed! We went to Ikea to buy this dresser (in black-brown) for our bedroom. We've been married six years now, and we've only had flea market or hand-me-down furniture...not that there's anyting wrong with that, but I really wanted something with drawers that open and close without a fight and that makes our bedroom look less like a dorm room. We're hoping to get the matching one after the holidays. After Ikea, we decided on a quick dinner so that we could see an earlier movie...we just can't stay up late like we used to! We saw Quantum of Solace, which was better than we anticipated because we'd heard it was tererible.

Sunday we went out to breakfast with my Mom, Alex and Jenna to celebrate Jenna's confirmation because Alex had to work that night. We spent the afternoon putting our dresser together. Marlee was so funny...she watched us for a couple of minutes then knew exactly what to do. She would grap a screw, put it in a hole, get a screwdriver, and try to screw it in. She was a big "help." :)

Jenna's confirmation was at five. I was her sponsor, and we had to be there an hour early. We spent the hour studying...The Archbishop was going to ask the Confirmands questions, and if they couldn't answer, the sponsor had to...yikes! So I brushed up on my Church knowledge and warned Jenna that she'd better know her stuff. The Mass was really nice. It was long (2 hours), but the Archbishop did a great job of keeping things light and funny. Turns out he only asked about half of the kids questions, and Jenna got lucky...no question for her. She did the first reading, so I think that helped. She did such a great job that she was asked to sign up to be a regular lector! Dad, Wendy, Mom, Jenna, Michael, Marlee and I went out for a post-Mass dinner. It was a late night, and Marlee crashed as soon as we got home.

2 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Goodness!! Marlee is using a crewdriver already! I thought my 3 year old was good?!

Sounds like you had a nice weekend!

Jennifer said...

i like that dresser a lot!

and i can't believe your brother & sister are getting so old!