Friday, June 6, 2008

Yes, We're Still Here

I've been so terrible about blogging lately...my apologies to the regular readers. Marlee has been so demanding when she's awake, that I spend every napping moment trying to squeeze in everything I have to do- housework, studying, developing my doula business, and, oh yeah, showering.

Things are going pretty well in the W house. As you know, MJ has her first two teeth...it's pretty darn cute if I do say so myself. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow. This morning I took her to a cool little place called The Coffee Park. I found out about it when I went to a meeting of a local moms' group there, and I've been trying to find a time to go back since. It's such a neat concept. It's a coffee house with a play area for kids. The play area, or "treehouse," is staffed by great girls who play and interact with the children. So for $5, you can drop your child at the treehouse and enjoy a latte and wireless internet connection. I'm scheming up a new business idea, so it gave me a chance to work uninterrupted, and Marlee LOVED it. She really likes to play with other kids, even older kids like her friends Sophie and Julianna. She was by far the youngest one there (actually, 9 months is the youngest that can play), but she definitely held her own. She didn't bat an eye when I walked away...that stirred mixed emotions in me. I looked in on her every few minutes to find her playing and laughing and generally having a ball with the "big kids." The ladies said she did really well and called her mighty mouse :) Apparently her only problem was that she doesn't like to share and attempted to take the other kids' toys. I'm not surprised, as she doesn't usually have to share. I guess we'll be spending more time with our playgroups...and maybe a couple of hours a week at The Coffee Park.

Michael is enjoying working from home. It's really nice to have lunch each day, and he's able to spend more time with us in the evening now that his commute is about 15 seconds. Working from home has also given him some extra time in the morning for a workout. He has been driving to the gym every morning, but today he got a bike and plans to use that to make the short trip. I'm also trying to get myself in better shape and start a six week boot camp Monday morning. I lack Michael's motivation in this area and really need someone to make me work out.

So that's a bit of an update. I'll try a little harder to keep up with the blog!

3 comments:

Angela - 02.04 said...

So sorry.... my online activities were starting to interfere with my home stuff, so I had to step back a little. I'm going to try hitting the gym myself here shortly. I'm in desperate need of toning up. ;)

Ma Mama said...

Aha, the blog that makes you human. It's good to know that even Renee, who somehow gets a million things done a day, can sometimes lose track of online correspondence. And as I type this, I'm realizing that I only sat at the computer to check my bank balance (still broke) and to pick up Pru's sippy cup (sans lid - she's more of a mess with the sippy cup attached than she is without it. I have a crazy child). I'm really supposed to be doing laundry and scrubbing the kitchen. Oops.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh my goodness I feel better! I needed a bit of a marlee update! I love it "Might mouse!"