Sunday, June 22, 2008

W Weekend

We had a pretty busy weekend. Saturday, we got up early and got some chocolate croissants at a French bakery, then we ordered me some new glasses. Can I just say how much I hate that insurance companies will cover regular old lenses but not the kind blind people like me need? It's discrimination ;). Once the expensive specs were chosen and ordered, we headed to REI for the annual scratch and dent sale. There was a huge line when we got there, and they were letting peole into the sale 50 at a time (gave out numbered tickets). As we walked in a girl said she was tired of waiting and gave us her ticket...number 559. There were a couple of guys who said they'd been there over two hours and were 599. Lucky us! We only waited about 15 minutes. We made out pretty well...got few things for our upcoming trip to Canada. After REI we had lunch and ran a few more errands, including picking up a teeny life vest for MJ...so cute!

Today Grandma Dell and Granddaddy Jim came over to play with Marlee and Michael and I went to see Get Smart. I loved watching the show on Nick and Nite as a kid, and I thought the movie was great. Just a few sentimental nods to the original without being cheesy.

Now I'm baking...cookies and bread...yummy!

All in all, a pretty fun weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Renee -- thanks for visiting my blog. What an adorable little girl you have -- looks a lot like you! Sounds like you are well and happy...

Melissa said...

We saw Get Smart this weekend too! I love Steve Carrell and could watch him read the phone book, but seriously, The Rock... er Dwayne Johnson could have taken his shirt off ONCE during the movie! I mean, the guys got to look at Anne Hathaway's 7 Mile Legs...

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Something that in the air last night-- I baked cookies last night too!

Anonymous said...

While you were off to see Get Smart, Jim & I got a cute surprise. After whisking Marlee into her room to avoid any distress at your departure, we came back to sit on the sofa. Marlee looked around the room and said "ooo Dada?" Jim & I exchanged a wide-eyed glance and quickly changed the subject! The first time we heard her speak we got a sentence in the form of a question...the child's a genius!