Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


We had fun today celebrating Michael's first Father's Day. Marlee decided to sleep in until 9:00! We gave Daddy his cards and presents in bed. Marlee made him a beautiful masterpiece to commemorate the day. We think she's quite talented. :) We went out to breakfast, and she had her first taste of Waffle House (Daddy's favorite)...she loves raisin toast. Then we went to the mall to get MJ her first "real" shoes! She's standing on her own now, and I suspect first steps aren't far behind. She has small, narrow feet, so we went to Stride Rite to get some shoes that fit properly. Kid shoes are expensive! I'm hoping that we're not forever cursed with having to shop at specialty shoe stores, but I fear that's the case. Enjoy some pictures of our cutie!




First Shoes

6 comments:

Lori said...

Omg, I can't believe she's standing on her own! She's so advanced at everything. Is she doing calculus yet ? :)

Melissa said...

Nice kicks!!

Julianna had her first ice cream cone for Father's Day. (And second since she ate some of John's too)

Renee said...

there's no going back now, melissa...you're going to have an ice cream monster!

like the kicks? they're a little loud, but they were on sale (from $32 to $20, sheesh.)

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh my dear-- I think that I melted with that first picture. She is just so beautiiful! Those lashes! That olive skin! I could eat her up!

Jenn said...

We ate at Waffle House to for Father's Day! It was Dad's pick. Love the shoes. Marlee is so cute!

Angela - 02.04 said...

She's so stinking cute. It sounds like you guys had a great Father's Day. I should post about ours, Ava made some pottery for her daddy which I'd love to post pictures of, but my laptop is broken (again!) ... and it has the only memory card reader. Ug.