Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sick Baby

So much worse than sick mommy! My heart is breaking for my poor little punkin. I guess I gave her what I had. She's been congested for weeks now, but feeling fine overall. Yesterday, she slept for over four hours at school and missed a feeding (clue #1). Then, she woke up crying last night. I know you are going to find this hard to believe, but Marlee has NEVER cried during the night since she was 2 days old. She wakes up and makes little noises to let me know she's hungry, but that's it...no crying. Last night I was woken up by a full blown wail. She was calm after a couple of minutes, nursed, and went right back to sleep. She wasn't her usually smiley self this morning, so I took her temp, and there it was...100.2. Poor Baby!

She's fine, really. 100.2 isn't even high enough to require keeping her home according to daycare rules, but it is for me! I figure, if she feels even a little under the weather, she needs her mommy. So we've both got on jammies and we're snuggling in the bed while I work from home as much as I can while she sleeps. Have to admit, that part is kind of nice :)

3 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh no! Much worse!! Glad that you can snuggle today ;)

I believe that she has not cried-- Henry never did either for quite some time. That is a goog thing.

You are a good mommy!

Mindy said...

Oh poor Mommy and baby. I'm sure you know from working at a day care, but kids get sick so much the first year. It's rough. Poor thing!

Mandi said...

I hope you two feel better soon!