Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pitching In

In an effort to keep our home neat and running smoothly--an effort that is so far failing, but an effort none the less--and to teach our kids responsibility, independence, and citizenship, each has her own chores.

Eloise's are pretty simple...

-diapers in the diaper pail
-dirty clothes in hamper
-put away silverware from the dishwasher
-brush teeth
-clear her dishes from the table

Marlee's are a bit more involved...

-self-care (dressing, teeth, hair, etc)
-setting table
-clearing her dishes
-feeding and watering George
-picking up toys (she's not very good at this, unfortunately. i get to distracted to always enforce. :()
-folding the dishtowels and rags we use in place of paper towels


Both girls love to help me when I clean...dusting, sweeping, washing baseboards, etc. Marlee loves to cook and is my designated sous chef.

I'm hoping that everyone's chores will become a habit, and I'll hear less, "Mommy will do it," which is often Marlee's response when Michael asks her to do something :(

What do your kids do to pitch in?

1 comment:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Henry is my biggest helper-- with just about everything.... and Sam? not much. Not sure how that happened?

Your list of chores reminds me so much of your mom's list of chores that you were responsible for...