Friday, June 18, 2010

California or Bust

I've been super frazzled lately. So much to do, zero time. I'd feel buried even if I didn't have a 12-day trip around the corner, but it certainly doesn't help. I don't like to leave with my house even a little messy. Vacations tend to wear me out, and I want to come home to a nice, clean, stress-free house...So our upcoming trip has added infinite items to my to-do list. Every once in a while, I think,

Well, at least when it's all done I'll be on vacation!

Then I remember that vacations are quite a bit of work with young kids. It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite shows, Modern Family.

At the airport preparing for a trip to Hawaii, a frazzled Claire turns to her peppy Hawaiian Shirt-clad husband and says, "Honey, I'm a mom traveling with my kids. This is not a vacation. It's a business trip." So true!

Still, I'm very much looking forward to our trip. We're kicking it off with my cousin Sara's wedding and related festivities. Then, after a couple of days with family, we're taking a vacation within a vacation...just the four of us. For our final days, a camping trip at Collins Lake! Should be a great trip, but I'm thinking I'll need to take a personal day when we get back to recover. Oh wait....

1 comment:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh goodness.... I hope that your trip is wonderful and you see glimpses of relaxation while you are away! Travel Safe and remember to take lots of pictures! :)