Monday, October 5, 2009

Hi There. I'm Renee.

Not sure if you remember me...it's been a long time!

I'm so sad that I haven't blogged in a while. To say things have been busy here is a bit of an understatement!

Of course, it all started a few weeks ago, on September 14th. After denying that I was in labor all day, we finally made it to the hospital at 8:30pm. Our precious Eloise was born 3 1/2 hours later, at 12:05 am. I was able to have the unmedicated water birth I planned, and the whole experience was wonderful. We were able to leave the hospital after only 20 hours. We were anxious to be home and see Marlee (she wasn't allowed to visit at the hospital).

Marlee was very excited to meet Baby Sister! She just kept saying, "Look at her!" "That's Eloise!" "That's my baby sister!" I took a video, but I have to edit it before posting because it is way too long. MJ loves having her sister here. She's so sweet and loves to hold and kiss her.

When Eloise was a week old, Marlee came down with the flu. The pediatrician put us all on anti-viral meds to prevent us from passing it to Eloise. Unfortunately, Marlee was contagious before she even showed symptoms, and a few days later, Eloise came down with a fever. We took her to the children's hospital, where they ran a whole host of tests (blood, urine, spinal fluid) to determine that all she had was the flu. She was admitted for observation for 48 hours. We finally came home a week ago today, and have spent the last week finally settling into some normalcy.

Eloise is a happy sweet baby. She doesn't fuss much, and she eats all. the. time. She's about 9 lbs 8oz now, and more alert and interactive every day.

Katie was here this weekend and took lots of pictures of the girls, so stay tuned for a picture-heavy post!

No comments: