Saturday, July 25, 2009

Why the Belly Looks So Different

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Slim is currently hanging out in a transverse position. This also explains why I had the urge to buy a maternity support belt at a mere 28 weeks along.

I have 2 weeks to try to get her to turn at home before I get some chiropractic help. Transverse babies can only be born via Cesarean. So I have to convince her to turn...and head down, not breech. Fortunately my doula training gives me some experience in this, and my own doula is the leader in Spinning Babies knowledge for our region. Lucky me!

Think head-down thoughts!

Other than her stubborn positioning, everything looks great with Slim!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Oh no! Hopefully she'll head downward any minute!

Melissa said...

Turn Slim Turn!!!

Kaleena said...

I highly recommend acupuncture as well if you need to get her turned.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh dear. C'mon Slim... you can do it!

Dell (Nana/"Nanny") said...

She's trying to enter the world like her Aunt Kathryn - feet first with a perfect round head! You've got some time to change her mind. Turn baby, turn!