Friday, February 6, 2009

Some Stuff About Marlee

I know I've been terrible about blogging.  I'm sorry.  Things have just been a little, um, off, lately.  I do feel bad that I haven't kept up with Marlee's online baby book.

Here's a bit about her these days:

Her personality has evolved so much, but in many ways, I feel like it is the same as a year ago.  I really don't know how to explain this.  It's like, when she was just 6 months old, I would have predicted her to be exactly the toddler she is today.  She's sweet, affectionate, and kind...but fiesty.  She's well-behaved and rarely gets into things she shouldn't.  When she does, a simple "that's not for you, please walk away" usually does the trick.  I said usually. She's not without temper tantrums, but they're usually because she isn't capable of doing the things she wants to do...like push the shopping cart at Target. 

Her curiosity and thrist for knowledge is amazing.  She constantly wants to know what things are and how they work.  She is especially fascinated with animals, and can point out over 50 different ones, no matter if they are in her book, on television, or on posters we see out and about.  The names of said animals make up a good part of her vocabulary.  Recent additions are alligator, sea horse, and her favorite, cougar.  Raaawr.

She's talking a lot more, even just this week.  Her words are still a bit garbled (with unnecessary "sh" sounds), but it's easy to tell what she's saying.  Some come out crystal clear...like Elmo, unfortunately.  Even with her growing vocabulary, she's still a big fan of the grunt.

She loves the movie Charlotte's Web.  Really loves it.  A whole lot.  I can't believe I haven't blogged about this before.  She would watch it all day, every day if I'd let her.  I don't mind her watching it.  It's a sweet story with good music, and it's not overstimulating like so many cartoons.  I turn it on, and she cheers.  I figured she just liked watching the talking animals in "the piggy movie," but apparently she's taking it in.  I bought her a Charlotte's Web, the Movie book from a consignment store, and she pointed to the cover and said, "Wilbur!"  I had no idea she knew their names.

At the same consignment store, we also bought her a doll/stuffed animal stroller and a Little Tykes Cozy Coupe car.  You know the one.  They've been around for.ever.  She loves that car.  I had intended for it to be an outside toy (it's awfully big, and our house is small), but Michael brought it in from the car, and it's been in the living room ever since.  She eats her snacks in it and even watches Charlotte's Web like our living room is a drive-in theater.

She's less into her baby dolls and more into her stuffed animals, especially the smaller ones.  She has two favorites, Ovejita and Kitty, which go with her just about everywhere.  They even get to ride up front in her new car.  The others go in the trunk.  Her real live animal friends are just as wonderful.  She and Georgie are inseperable, and Marlee really loves Bogey, though he wants nothing to do with her.

She's still a pretty good eater, but she' gotten a bit more picky.  She doesn't eat meat, but loves beans for protein.  She eats a big breakfast, but wants nothing to do with lunch.  Instead, she snacks all afternoon.  Fortunately, she'ss happy snacking on things like fruit and peas.

Sleep?  Well, that's still up in the air.  As always, she goes down for naps and bedtime without a fuss.  But she's up every night between 2 and 4.  At least she goes right back to sleep.

She's really an amazing kid.  We're so blessed to have her in our life :)

 

1 comment:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh thank you for posting this!! I have been dying for more Marlee info... she is adorable.. and I cannot believe that I have not met her yet-- though I feel like because I know you so well... I should just know her...

Lots of LOVE!!