Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Marlee June is Two and a Half

Our baby girl is 30 months old today...only six months from her third birthday. How can that be? Two-year-olds are toddlers, but three-year-olds are KIDS. I can't believe how fast she's growing up.

I suppose the looming third birthday shouldn't be such a surprise. After all, Marlee is quite the independent little one. Now that she's potty trained, she really does do most things for herself. Sniff.

What can I say about my little MJ? She's smart. She's sweet. She's funny. She's such a joy to have in our lives. Things are just so much more fun with Marlee June.

She loves to play pretend. In fact, that's just about all she plays...constantly cooking and baking in her play kitchen, dressing up, or throwing parties.

She also loves nature. Recently, she spotted a ladybug, and immediately declared that she needed to make him a habitat. She found a jar, and tried to coax him in, but she wasn't having much luck. She said, "Howard, you are not being a very good listener. Now get in your habitat!"

6 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Howard? LOL! Love it.

Mandi said...

So fun! Marlee pictures please! Can't wait to meet Eloise at J's party!!

Kristen said...

Too funny! O- E has more hair than my 9 mon. old!

Anonymous said...

I think it's because Howard is the name of the dragonfly friend on Dinosaur Train. (Too much knowledge of the DT subject, I know!) --K

Renee said...

yes, k...that's what it is. we finally figured it out after she'd been calling all bugs that for months!

Nanny said...

I know I'm prejudiced but she is SO smart! I'm constantly amazed at her vocabulary & thought processes. Eloise thinks she's the greatest & that's fun to watch, too!