Friday, December 18, 2009

Angels Among Us

I wanted to share two simple stories that have reminded of the good in people this holiday season.

As most of you know, I volunteer for Meals on Wheels through our church. I started off doing deliveries, but I also cook. I love it. A few weeks ago, the coordinator called me to see if I would be able to cook for Christmas. I explained that Michael was out of a job, and that I would not be able to help out this year.

A few days ago, he called me back. He wanted to make sure we had everything we could want for Christmas dinner. He knew we had a new baby, and he didn't want her first Christmas to be lacking. I explained that although we were tightening our budget, we were fine, and to please spread his generosity to someone who really needs it.

Yesterday I got a card in the mail from several members of my church saying they held a prayer meeting and prayed that Michael would get an offer before the holidays. The meeting was Wednesday. The day before the offer came.

.
.
.
.

Today was Marlee's last day of school before the holiday break. I left two tuition checks: one for December (the school had given me an extension due to our circumstances), the other was for January. The secretary just called me to say I'd made a mistake...that they had received a $50 cash payment from us last week, so I overpaid. I never made a cash payment.

2 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh goodness! You are a wonderfully giving family yourself, and that generousity was returned to you as it should have.

No wonder you got your christmas spirit back!

Love you guys!

Lori said...

that just gave me chill bumps! The Lord works in mysterious ways. I love it! Congratulations!

Merry Christmas! PS- Love Marlee's new haircut!