Monday, May 18, 2009

Where It Counts

This morning I woke up feeling like I'd been run over by a Mack truck. I've reached a point in the pregnancy where I have a hard time getting comfortable. I'm also plagued with pregnancy insomnia (had it w/ MJ around this time too) that's only made worse by nagging allergies. At 6:30, with Michael and Marlee sleeping snuggly in the bed, I decided I might as well get up. The moment my feet hit the floor, my blood pressure dropped, and I felt worse. I walked to the bathroom to lose my snack from the night before and tend to the massive nosebleed that had just started. M & M got up a while later to find me sick and sad on the sofa. They decided to go out to breakfast and let me rest. So they set me up in bed with a cup of tea and the Desperate Housewives finale and headed out.

About an hour and a half later, feeling much better, I got up, opened the blinds, and prepared to face the day. I heard the door and went to greet my favorite two people. There was Michael, my white knight and best daddy ever, and Marlee, my sweet baby girl, holding a covered platter which she announced was "breffess for Mommy from Maffle House." Those two have magical powers to turn my day right around.

We don't have much money, but where it counts we're blessed with more riches than I deserve.

7 comments:

Lori said...

Aww, that is so sweet! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well this morning. I hope it gets better. mmm. maffle house :)

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh no, Renee..... don't kid yourself... You DESERVE every ounce of goodness that you have and MORE!

I am so glad that they were there to brighten your day!

LOVE THIS POST.

Jennifer said...

you DO deserve them. that story made me smile. hope you're feeling better. :)

Mandi said...

awwww.....sweet! things like that are so much better than money!

Mandi said...

awwww.....sweet! things like that are so much better than money!

Melissa said...

That's awesome! Gold Stars for Michael and MJ! What did they bring you from "Maffle House".

When we had access to "Maffle House" we took J there for "special occasions" B'days, holidays... and she always ordered "Birthday Waffles" (Chocolate chip waffles). Sniff sniff I miss waho!

delilah s. dawson said...

Have you discovered the awesomeness that is Unisom? Safe for pregnancy, helps you get wonderful sleep, not habit forming, and acts as a slight antihistamine. When I was pregnant, I wanted to buy stock in the company.