Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm Back!

Sorry for another blogging hiatus....It's been a busy week! It all kicked off with the birth of Madelyn Rhys after a long overnight labor. I was able to catch a few hours of sleep before leaving for Birmingham Thursday for a three day training. I did't want to be away from Michael and MJ for that long, so I made the 2.5 hour commute (each way) each day (ugh). Apart from the drive, the training was good. Before the end of the year, I should have my cerfification in both Childbirth and Lactation Education. I've been teaching these subjects with clients, but sort of unofficially. The whole time I was gone, Michael took care of Marlee while working from home...he's SuperDad.

When I got home from training Saturday, I quickly threw on a dress and headed to my 10 year high school reunion. I wasn't planning to go, but I changed my mind at the last minute, and I'm so glad I did. I had a really good time. The official reunion ended at midnight, but when the lights came on, we were all still having too much fun, so we moved the party to Taco Mac for a couple more hours. I don't think I've been out that late in forever. It was also the first time in forever I've had more than one drink (I've had a baby in my belly or at my breast for nearly two years, ya know), but that's another story.

We went out to breakfast Sunday morning...Finally some family time! In the afternoon we headed to the Labor of Love Reunion. LoL is the group of doulas that taught our birth class when I was pregnant with MJ. I also did my apprenticeship with them and will probably join the group myself soon. Each year, they have a big picnic for all the LoL families. It's pretty neat, lots of tiny babies, but the oldest is 12. After the picnic, we met up with the Schugs at Moe's and had dinner while the kids ran around on the patio.

We also got a bit of interesting news this week. Michael's company wants his whole team in the office for a project. So we're packing up and leaving next week for a couple weeks in Los Angeles. Adventures are never-ending with the W Family!

4 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Wow! I didn't know that you made that trip last week! And then you are off again this week!

Well-- it will be good for you to see some of your Californian family!

Melissa said...

Wow you guys are busy!! That's awesome that you are so close to getting certified!!

Lori said...

Oh wow! you have been busy! Have fun in LA!

Mandi said...

LA for a couple weeks?? Fun!!